WELCOME.... SELAMAT DATANG

Dear Friends, brother, Sisters....

My name is Helena Rijoly - Matakupan. I received scholarship from International Peacemaking Program of Hatford Seminary and is currently studying there. This is my Blog of during 1 week voluntary mission trip to Biloxi, MS with Volunteer group from 1st Church of Simsbury. Our group had been coming down to Biloxi since 4 years ago after the Hurricane Katrina hit the areas.

Hope you enjoy the writings. Please feel free to leave comments on the entry but please do not post disrespectful comments.

You can start by looking at the archive and start with the first entry in 31 January 2009. Or you can do what ever you like to read it.

God Bless you all!

Monday, February 9, 2009

February 5 … Today and one more day to go…

The house look clean and bright now.
We cannot see any white mud spot here and there. We put the primary yesterday and everything looked gorgeous.
Today is more painting day.
Mrs. Pluff requested the house to be China White….
Jim and Sue were in charged to pop-corn the ceiling.
I was puzzled actually when they mention pop-corn…
So Jim was holding a oddly looking sprayer and it actually sprayed small lumps-like paint to the ceiling … ah… that’s pop-corn.

I was lucky to find a moment with Mrs.Pluff.
She had a moment of overwhelming emotion.
Somehow she asked me to help her and be with her.
I consider myself blessed to be with her in her most fragile moment
When faith and fragility melt in one.
I witness a refusal to give up and a strong need of a moment of release of anguish.

I am reading my own line of my paper.
I was taking a course “Reading the New Testament from the Eyes of the Oppressed”
I wrote in my final paper… “In troubled and oppressed times, the Bible, becomes more than just a reading text… more than just a book… It’s a text of HOPE”.
That is what I discover in Biloxi…
In the chamber of Main Street Baptist Church and in the face of Mrs. Pluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment