WELCOME.... SELAMAT DATANG

Dear Friends, brother, Sisters....

My name is Helena Rijoly - Matakupan. I received scholarship from International Peacemaking Program of Hatford Seminary and is currently studying there. This is my Blog of during 1 week voluntary mission trip to Biloxi, MS with Volunteer group from 1st Church of Simsbury. Our group had been coming down to Biloxi since 4 years ago after the Hurricane Katrina hit the areas.

Hope you enjoy the writings. Please feel free to leave comments on the entry but please do not post disrespectful comments.

You can start by looking at the archive and start with the first entry in 31 January 2009. Or you can do what ever you like to read it.

God Bless you all!

Monday, February 9, 2009

February 7... flying home

T'was a mixed feeling.
I love it there. I love the people and of course the weather.
I enjoyed the togetherness of our group.
I learn a big lesson from each of the person in my group.
From this 1 week I learn about creating peace with others on the basis of God's love.
I see myself in the struggle of these "internally displaced people"... uprooted from their identity... yet slowly find courage to keep going.

I witness the transformation of the words i read in the bible in faith practice.

I went home with a a feeling of being flooded with blessings.
Not because I have more than they have.
But because I was allowed to cross my comfort zone and peek out from their window into my world. Sometimes i can see myself in their world. For I am one of them struggling.

We are one as God wants us to be one.

The snow in cold connecticut welcome us home. But my heart is warmed
By friendship and a little lump of blister in my hand.

Thank You....

No comments:

Post a Comment